We Are What We Do

Friday 4 April 2008

They think it's all over...It is now...


Last day today, it's strange but I almost feel like I've been made redundant. I've enjoyed having the power of the notepad and my 'Temp' badge to go up to anybody in the street and start talking about whatever topic is considered H-ot. For now I have to be happy with dreaming about a job in the media, but I can say with complete sincerity that if anyone mentions the words 'hot' and 'topic' to me again they'll need to run pretty quickly to catch up with me.

This weeks also got me thinking about what I want to do after university. The big question which usually knocks me sideways is becoming steadily more bearable. Amy has also given me an idea to which I can entertain myself with, it involves taking one photo a day for a year. It's really interesting how much more you notice things when you're clutching a camera ready to take a shot. It also encourages creativity as everything you look at you look at in the way of, will it make a good photo? Perhaps this will get slightly tiring after a while as you're analysing things in a way that noone else is, but for the moment I'm really enjoying it. From looking at an overview of the week you can also see which week has been most entertaining, work-orientated or random.

One thing I have to admit though is...I am a hoarder...there, the first step is admitting it. However, I definitely won't reach the second step of throwing anything out. No one can make me, my Dad complains all the time about the state of the loft but say one thing about his shed and he sheepishly backs away. I don't understand the problem with cherishing keepsakes, such as theres the cinema ticket I kept from my first date with my ex-boyfriend. Granted we're no longer together, but whenever I look at it I remember the butterflies I had in my stomach (or maybe thats the slight nauseating feeling I have?). Then there's my clothes I had when I was 15, I'm convinced they'll come back into fashion. My mum's always saying how she's lived through all the fashions, mustard 60s style dress? Been there done that. But did she keep any of these items? No. If she had I probably would have emerged as a Vintage Queen by now, my daughter definitely won't have the same problem. Maybe when I no longer have my parent's house to store things in then I'll need to have a big clear out, but until that day comes it doesn't bare thinking about.

It's a short blog today, I'm preparing myself for the cinema. My friends managed to persuade me to see a horror film, he doesn't know what happened after I saw The Ring. Being scared would be an understatement, slowly turning insane through the lack of sleep and being convinced someone was going to climb through the television is another matter. He half joked I'd have a different experience as I was going with a 'big, strong man', all I can say is God be with him. Once he sees the state of me after he'll wish he had never asked me to go with him!

Under the next thought...

Hannah xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home